We're looking for a driven and dynamic Financial Analyst to join our tight-knit and collaborative Finance team. In this role you will support senior members of the team by using your financial modeling skills and analytical super-powers to develop annual budgets and forecasts for a variety of business units (including sales, product development and distribution) within our robust publishing organization. Our ideal candidate is naturally investigative, enjoys solving intricate financial problems, finds satisfaction in understanding and presenting the story behind the numbers and has the type of foresight and scrutiny necessary to anticipate business needs, evaluate trends and enjoys working in a small agile environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial reports and critical analysis
- Participate in the budgeting process by developing annual budgets and forecasting updates
- Analyze financial information such as revenues, expenses and other accounts and summarize current and projected financials
- Collect, analyze and interpret data and explain findings to both financial and non-financial audiences
- Provide financial analysis, business modeling and decision support to senior executives to enable performance measurement
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to assess analysis and reporting needs and proactively assess the usefulness of various reports/ financial analysis
- Develop data sources and reports as needed
- Participate in budgeting process as well as the annual forecast
- Create forecasting tools and metrics
- Support Finance Manager and Controller on special projects
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BS in Accounting, Finance and or other business related degree
- 4+ years of progressive Financial Analyst experience in a high volume and fast paced environment as well as solid understanding of accounting and how that links to business decisions
- A high degree of diligence and fastidious attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated success managing multiple high-priority projects in a deadline driven environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot-tables and v-lookup functions
- Solid experience with reporting tools such as SQL server reporting services (SSRS) or the like
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office in addition to advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent organization skills, reliable and a self-starter coupled with the ability to work well as part of a team or independently; willing to learn new things and make an impact
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays
Interested? Click here to apply.
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.