Modern Language Associate
As a Modern Language Associate you are instrumental in supporting the diverse functions of our field sales team by relying on your keen sense of organization, account management skills and customer-centric communication style to achieve your goals. In this hybrid role you will be charged with fulfilling many diverse pre and post-sale projects and functions including; acting as a dedicated and reliable support resource to your assigned sales reps, preparing client presentations, producing data that supports the sales process, following up directly with clients, educating new clients on how to best use our products via online tutorials and organizing logistics for sales events and client meetings. In addition, you are also responsible managing, retaining and growing a handful of customer accounts. This role calls for an individual with a strong work ethic, an affinity for multi-tasking and a deep desire to support others in realizing success. Our ideal candidate has a can-do attitude, is a team-player who also works well independently, has excellent communication skills, a good eye for detail and has outstanding organization skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to all assigned customers by responding in a timely manner to requests regarding technology, codes, samples, and other questions that are not resolved by the technology support or customer service representatives
- Address support issues for customers by partnering with other sales team members, technical support, or other internal departments as needed, escalating issues to the appropriate party when needed
- Deliver a superior customer experience in order to contribute to account retention and growth
- Enter data and maintain the database used by the Field Sales Reps to track current and potential customer and account information
- Provide informal product usage trainings to instructors via email, phone and/or webinar upon request
- Provide regular updates and pro-active communication to your assigned Field Sales Reps to ensure they are up-to-date on their accounts, aware of any issues and informed about other tasks or commitments
- Create customized documentation or presentation folders as needed to assist in sales process
- Respond to customer requests when Field Sales Reps are unavailable or request support
- Support Field Sales Reps with meetings, trainings and other events
- Accurately update and maintain customer/ account information in CRM
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Bachelors degree
- 3-5 years of experience in sales support role, supporting either a team or individual in an administrative or customer service capacity
- The ability to effectively set and manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication skills including the ability to synthesize information into clear, concise messages via email and phone
- The ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with Excel (charts, formulas, etc.), Access, Power Point, and Word
- Previous Salesforce.com experience a plus or other CRM required
- Strong time-management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills including strong phone and email communication skills
- Solid active-listening skills
- Excellent follow-through
- A positive ‘can-do!’ attitude
- Previous sales experience and/or a passion for sales is a plus
- A passion for languages and/or publishing is a plus
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Interested? Click here to apply!
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidaysVista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.