Modern Language Specialist (Metro DC Area)
We are looking for passionate and driven individuals with an affinity for languages and building relationships to join our dynamic sales team in the Washington DC/ Maryland area. Our ideal candidate is a true people-person; someone who loves networking, delivering engaging presentations, building relationships, winning new business and exceeding goals and client expectations. This role combines multiple facets of both inside and outside sales. As a result, an ideal candidate is someone who is equally comfortable meeting with and presenting to clients as they are maintaining and managing accounts. You could be successful in this role if you have excellent territory management, consultative-selling, presentation and active listening skills and is able to display a certain level of creativity and flexibility. This person will manage our Washington DC/ Maryland territory for our print and digital higher education products and will call on foreign language programs at assigned 2-year and 4-year higher education accounts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Closing business on a consistent basis to achieve sales quotas in an assigned territory
- Developing a strong understanding of the specific needs of the schools within your territory
- Conducting professional presentations within the territory
- Establishing good working relationships with educators including both current and potential customers
- Working effectively with all appropriate team members to satisfy our customers’ needs
- Displaying a digital curiosity and effectively showing how digital solutions can help solve issues
- Utilizing telephone and email to conduct a significant amount of business, reserving travel for key situations and presentations. This is a blended job of working effectively inside and outside.
- Utilizing Salesforce.com to build an effective territory database for analysis and planning
- Participating in two annual sales meetings
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/ BS degree from a 4 year accredited University or equivalent
- Must be self-motivated and have 2 -3 years previous sales experience (experience in publishing is a strong plus)
- Ability to manage long sales cycles
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages
- Ability to effectively sell/ present to a variety of audiences and contexts (i.e. in person, over the phone, Skype, webinars etc.)
- Ability to manage the sales process from the ground up (build a pipeline, client research, client relationships and other aspects of sales simultaneously) while managing existing accounts
- Mastery of negotiation skills; comfortable selling to different personality types
- Fully developed prospecting skills and consultative sales approach; focused on solution selling
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent territory management skills
- Focused, strategic, and have a desire to make an impact; you are a “glass half full” thinker
- Proven sales skills by quota performance
- Ability to work well independently in a home office environment
- A teaching background in foreign language would be an asset
- Some overnight travel is required, around 40% during the academic year
Interested? Click here to apply!
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays