Network & Security Engineer
Our growing Technology team is looking to bring on an experienced Network & Security Engineer based in our Boston, MA office that will be responsible for the Network availability and security for a multi-site international environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid foundation in the Networking side and is looking to expand their career and gain exposure to the Security side. This person will have an opportunity to own networking vendor relationships, identify/ recommend solutions and improvements, implement BGP, dark-fiber connections, and implement a dedicated MPL line to South America. Our ideal candidate has a love for learning new things and a passion and drive to uncover new approaches in addition to sharing in our entrepreneurial spirit.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement IDS and SEIM measures
- Manage Gig-E and 10Gig switch fabric
- Implement and maintain Gig-E WAN links
- Operate and maintain multi-site VOIP phone system
- Operate and maintain VPN links for business users and with technology partners
- Diagram, explain and plan for future upgrades to infrastructure
Qualifications & Skills:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant technical experience
- A degree in IT or a related field is preferred
- A high degree of motivation
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision under tight deadlines
- Experience with high availability networking protocols including BGP, HSRP, VRRP, and STP
- A solid base of IT knowledge and the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Previous IT documentation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of people
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of:
- Cisco firewalls
- Cisco VOIP telephony
- Brocade switches
- IDS and SEIM systems
Interested? Click here to apply!
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO, on-site fitness classes, monthly chair massages, free-lunch Fridays and paid holidays.
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.