Project Manager, Tech Production
As a Project Manager on our Tech-Production team, you’ll have the opportunity to oversee the planning, production and delivery of a variety our exciting digital products. As a key contributor to the Project Management team you’ll have the opportunity to coordinate digital content production, manage production schedules and budgets, coordinate user-product testing activities, collect feedback from testers, track issues and manage external resources in a highly collaborative, engaging and energizing environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys learning new things, being part of a high-achieving team, working on a variety of cross-functional/ technology projects, is energized by facing new and different challenges and, who’s excited to exercise their creative and analytical muscles in an agile and fast paced environment where you’re encouraged to share ideas and make things happen. A successful candidate has a can-do attitude, is a great collaborator and communicator and has awesome organization skills (to-do lists and calendars are your friends!). A passion for language, learning, technology and or publishing are nice to have too!
What you’ll do:
- Provide basic project management expertise; track and manage schedules and project deliverables, project planning, initiation, resourcing, monitoring and delivery.
- Provide timely and relevant project reporting; ensure that projects are delivered on-time and on-budget and meet quality standards.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders on cross-functional projects and technical initiatives; gather/ define requirements from editorial and engineering teams and understand business objectives.
- Identify, manage and coordinate external resources and vendors.
- Participate in the QA testing process to ensure that quality standards are met for all digital products.
- Track and fix issues, expedite complex technical issues as needed
- Collaborate with team on process improvement.
- Collect user-tester/ customer feedback.
- Provide regular written and verbal status report updates on projects.
- Participate in project meetings and editorial product launch meetings.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BA/ BS degree
- 0-3 years of experience in project management, editorial and or other relevant experience in education-technology
- Prior Project Management experience a strong plus (such as experience managing budgets, schedules, logistics and projects)
- Some prior experience working with digital production tools, markup languages and PM tools ideal (such as HTML, XML, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, Skype and SharePoint)
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- The ability to effectively set and manage multiple priorities as well as strong time-management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Exceptional process management skills; thinks about the details and big picture, excellent follow-up and follow through, stays on top of things and resolves issues quickly
- Proficiency in French or Spanish (written or verbal) a strong plus
- Diligent, efficient, self-motivated, extremely well organized and proactive
- A positive ‘can-do!’ attitude
- Strong interest and aptitude in educational technology, particularly in the K-12 and Higher Education markets.
Interested? Click here to apply!
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio, and strength training classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.