Senior Project Manager, Editorial
We’re looking for a dynamic Senior Project Manager to support our Editorial Product teams by ensuring that print and digital projects and budgets are on track and on schedule. In this capacity, you will implement and fine-tune PM processes and procedures, develop budget proposals and maintain oversight of project schedules and manage and assign tasks to a small group of external freelancers. As a Senior Project Manager you will facilitate and lead project launch meetings, collaborate closely with specialist members from a variety of internal business units and mentor more junior members of the team. The ideal candidate for this role understands the complexities of Publishing and can expertly navigate through and balance a high volume of projects , is an effective and confident communicator, displays keen understanding of PM best-practices and is extremely organized and detail oriented. A passion for learning and languages is a must!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement and fine-tune Project Management procedures and processes as well as implement effective production cycle planning
- Plan, facilitate and lead program launch meetings and bi-weekly status meetings, manage program component list, and provide weekly project status reports to the project team
- Oversee and supervise external freelance proofreaders for print and digital products
- Manage Editorial workflows, including releasing print and digital files: trafficking proofs, monitoring proofreaders, following up with Editors on content changes, tracking artwork/ photos, releasing media files, images and audio/ video scripts and ensure that all files and assets meet Tech Production requirements and formats.
- Delegate and review projects and ensure that deliverables are completed within required timeframes
- Resolve/ troubleshoot PM issues
- Collaborate with Production groups to create schedule, file-naming convention and workflow, monitor schedule over course of project, including all related program ancillaries.
- Develop and monitor project budget, in tandem with Director, create vendor contracts, and process payments
- Function as liaison between Editorial and Production, Design, Technology, Manufacturing, and Finance departments
- Define, oversee, and manage the digital image process and workflow, including requirement definition, selections, permissions, conversion, production, and delivery for implementation on all web products.
- Lead multiple medium to large size projects from inception to completion. Acquire deep project knowledge with ability to negotiate priorities and deadlines across teams’ needs. Function as liaison between Editorial and Production, Design, Technology, Manufacturing, and Finance departments.
- Serve as a point of contact and resource to less experience members of the team
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/ BS from a 4 year accredited program
- Project Management Certification desirable
- 5+ years of experience in project management of technology products and digital assets; additional experience in print project management desired
- Strong organizational and communication skills coupled with fastidious attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work on several high-priority projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge and understanding of one or more modern languages (French, German, Spanish, or Italian)
- Working knowledge of InCopy, K4, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to work with large volumes of data without compromising accuracy or efficiency
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft applications suite
- Experience working with content management systems and digital assets databases
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio and strength training classes and much more!
Interested? Click here to apply!
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.