A new generation of language-learning technology
Powerful tools for customized course management, along with the integrated content that improves learning and fosters enjoyment.
Focused uniquely on world language, with robust features that speak to your needs. How do we know? Feedback from our 20,000 language instructors and 1 million language students.
Simplified experience so you can navigate the site easily, have flexible options, and quickly sort a wealth of information.
Learn more about this new generation of language-learning technology.
- For instructors
- A gradebook to manage rosters, assignments, and grades
- Time-saving auto-graded activities, plus question-by-question and automated spot-checking
- A communication center for announcements, notifications, and help requests
- Downloadable digital image bank (PDF), pre-made syllabi and lesson plans (RTF), Testing Program (RTF)
- Instructor Resources (answer keys, audio-video scripts, translations, grammar powerpoints)
- Online administration of quizzes and exams, now with time limits and password protection
- Tools to add your own content:
- Create and assign Partner Chat and open-ended activities
- Upload and assign videos and outside resources
- Single sign-on feature for integration with your LMS
- Ability to copy all assignments from a previous course
- Option to hide activity time estimates from students
- Ability to reorder assignments as seen on student dashboard
- Add your own customized notes to the existing activity content:
- Sidebar notes—comment on overall activity
- In-line notes—comment on particular question or part of activity
- Lab and Testing Audio Program MP3 files
- Live Chat for video chat, audio chat, and instant messaging
- Voiceboards for oral assignments, group discussions, and projects
- vText—the online, interactive text
- For students
- Textbook activities—online
- Additional activities for extra practice
- Enhanced feedback to guide students to improve comprehension and grades
- Streaming video for all video programs, with instructor-controlled subtitles and translations
- Chat activities for conversational skill-building and oral practice:
- Video Partner Chat—work with a partner online to record and submit an activity
- Internet search activities
- Recorded readings
- Textbook and Lab audio MP3s
- Online dictionary
- Pronunciation practice
- An online Student Activities Manual (WebSAM) with audio record-submit activities and auto-grading for selected activities
- vText—the online, interactive student edition
Our Supersite and Supersite Plus access levels offer you a choice: contact your Modern Language Specialist to explore which level is right for you.