I am in love with this new text! I feel like I have a solid starting block for the new AP course next year!
Midview High School, Grafton, OH
Built for the new course, units focus on the themes and recommended contexts from the College Board’s AP® Spanish Language and Culture curriculum framework.
Contemporary source material from the Spanish-speaking world — print, short films, and audio — provide an engaging, authentic environment for learning.
Integrated grammar and extensive cultural coverage support interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational communication skill development.
- Authentic Media: High-quality readings, short films, and audio broadcasts from a variety of sources—informational, journalistic, and literary.
- AP® Testing Formats: Practice in the interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational modes, including the same formats as the new exam.
- Essential Questions: Themes and contexts are organized around Essential Questions that drive student learning throughout all units.
- Cultural Connections: Thematically-based readings specifically address the cultural component of the new exam.
- Language Support: Grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and punctuation skills are reinforced in print and online.
- Strategies: Reading, writing, listening, and speaking strategies help students tackle challenging material.
- Online Communication Tools: The three modes of communication can be practiced in real time and assessed at your convenience.
- eBook—a downloadable electronic text for offline reading on the iPad®
- Plus, iPad®-friendly* Supersite and vText access
*Students must use a computer for audio recording and select presentations and tools that require Flash or Shockwave.
- Live Chat to connect with students in real time, without leaving your browser:
- Instant messaging
- Audio chat
- Video chat
Learn more about the definitive test prep for the new exam.