Field Sales - Boston, New England
We are looking for passionate and driven individuals with an affinity for languages and building relationships to join our dynamic sales team in New England. Our ideal candidate is a true people-person; someone who loves networking, building relationships, winning new business and delivering on client expectations. This role combines multiple facets of both inside and outside sales. As a result we are actively seeking candidates who are equally comfortable meeting with and presenting to clients as they are maintaining and managing accounts. Our ideal candidate has excellent territory management, consultative-selling, presentation and active listening skills and is able to display a certain level of creativity and flexibility. This person will manage our New England territory for our print and digital higher education products and will call on foreign language programs at assigned 2-year and 4-year higher education accounts
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BA/ BS degree from a 4 year accredited University or equivalent
- 2 -3 years previous sales experience in publishing and Higher Education accounts
- Ability to effectively sell/ present to a variety of audiences and contexts (i.e. in person, over the phone, Skype, webinars etc.)
- Ability to manage long sales cycle
- Ability to manage the sales process from the ground up (build a pipeline, client research, client relationships and other aspects of sales simultaneously) while managing existing accounts
- Mastery of negotiation skills; comfortable selling to different personality types
- Fully developed prospecting skills and consultative sales approach; focused on solution selling
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent territory management skills
- Focused, strategic, and have a desire to make an impact; you are a “glass half full” thinker
- Proven sales skills by quota performance
- Ability to work well independently in a home office environment
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages
- A teaching background in foreign language would be an asset
- Some overnight travel is required, around 40% during the academic year
This territory includes: Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Western NY and Connecticut.
Why Join Us:
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.