Promenades 3rd Edition
À travers le monde francophone | James G. Mitchell, Cheryl Tano
© 2018 hardcover | Loose-leaf | 9 x 10 ⅞ inches | online vText available
13 Units | 2-3 semesters | 632 pages
Print + Digital access
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
Explore the Francophone world with your introductory French students. In 13 units, students get a comprehensive program to build strong language skills. Promenades immerses students in French and Francophone culture while taking them through integrated skill-building lessons that lead them to speak, write, read, and listen in French with confidence. A powerful, fully-integrated Supersite provides comprehensive activities and resources designed for student success.
- Distinctive integration of video—from a specially shot dramatic series to cultural videos to authentic TV clips
- Contextualized vocabulary presentations and clear grammar explanations
- Engaging and entertaining animated grammar tutorials with interactive questions and activities
- An emphasis on communicative interactions and activities
- A unique, easy-to-navigate design with textbook pages that are visually engaging, and an array of photos, drawings, etc., designed for instructional impact and visual appeal
- Systematic development of reading and writing skills, incorporating learning strategies, and a process approach
- Our innovative Supersite that provides online access to textbook video, audio, interactive activities, practice quizzes, study and reference tools, and effective online assessment and course management
- vText—an interactive, online textbook that links directly with Supersite practice activities, audio, and video
- Online chat activities—virtual conversations and live video chats for communication practice outside of class
- An articulated curriculum for seamless continuation to intermediate French
What’s new in Promenades, 3rd Edition
- Vocabulary Tools: ability for students to personalize vocabulary study
- Searchable and customizable word lists with multiple practice modes
- Flashcards with options for English translations and audio
- Oral Testing Suggestions offered as Partner and Virtual Chats
- 7 new authentic Zapping Television clips from around the Francophone world
- One new short film: Qui de nous deux, directed by Benjamin Bouhana
- New Lecture readings
- Audio-sync technology for all Lecture readings
- Task-based activities for class use or Integrated Performance Assessments
- Updated iconography to improve integration with online activities
What can you expect in each lesson? Check out all the themes below.
For more details, download a Table of Contents.
Promenades, 3rd Edition
Unité 1: Salut!
Unité 2: À la fac
Unité 3: La famille et les copains
Unité 4: Au café
Unité 5: Les loisirs
Unité 6: Les fêtes
Unité 7: En vacances
Unité 8: Chez nous
Unité 9: La nourriture
Unité 10: La santé
Unité 11: La technologie
Unité 12: En ville
Unité 13: L'espace vert
A powerful tool for language instruction
With integrated content, comprehensive resources, and innovative tools, the Supersite provides everything you need to engage students and support language learning.
- Customize your course settings, create your own grading categories, and copy courses quickly and easily.
- Make the course your own by creating and assigning your own activities and adding customized notes.
- Empower students by allowing them to easily track due dates, save work, access assignments, and get the additional practice they need to be successful.
- Make grading a breeze with question-by-question grading, automated spot-checking, and in-line voice commenting.
- Conveniently share information one-on-one, or issue class reports in the formats that best meet the needs of you and your department.
- NEW! Options to adapt pre-made online assessments
- Create new sections
- Reorder and delete sections and questions
- Add images, word banks, and text references
- A gradebook for rosters, assignments, and grades
- Timesaving auto-graded activities, question-by-question grading, and automated spot-checking
- Tools to personalize your course
- Create Partner Chat and open-ended activities
- Add your own notes to existing content
- Adapt pre-made assessments
- Add video and outside resources
- An assignment wizard—copy all assignments from a previous course into the new semester’s dates in minutes
- Time limits and password protection for all online assessments
- Composition-grading tool for in-line comments and corrections via text or voice
- Downloadable digital image and illustration banks, sample syllabus, sample lesson plan, and Testing Program
- Instructor Resources (answer keys, audio-video programs, scripts, grammar presentations)
- Downloadable Activity Pack with task-based assessments
- A communication center for announcements, notifications, and help requests
- Live Chat (video or audio) and instant messaging
- Voice Boards for oral assignments, group discussions, and projects
- Single sign-on for LMS integration
- Textbook activities online
- Additional activities for extra practice
- Pronunciation practice
- Enhanced feedback to guide students and improve comprehension and grades
- Animated grammar tutorials
- Composition tool to create and submit writing assignments online
- Vocabulary tools to create personalized study lists
- Chat for oral practice and conversation skills:
- Virtual Chat—simulated conversation activities
- Video Partner Chat—recorded student-pair communicative activities
- Audio-synced readings
- All video programs, with instructor-controlled subtitles and translations
- Audio program (textbook, lab)
- Online dictionary
- Online Student Activities Manual, with auto-grading for close-ended activities
- Live Chat (video or audio) and instant messaging
- Interactive, online Student Edition (vText) with links to program activities, audio, and video
Online Workbook/Lab Manual/Video Manual
- All Workbook, Lab Manual, and Video Manual activities in an online format
- A combination of auto-graded and instructor-graded activities
- Oral voice record-submit activities
- The complete Lab Manual audio program
- A single gradebook to manage Supersite and WebSAM courses, rosters, and assignments
- vText access included free in any Supersite Plus package
Various Supersite access levels are available: contact your Modern Language Specialist to explore which level is right for you.
*Students must use a computer for audio recording and select presentations and tools that require Flash.