Sueña, 4th Edition
Español sin barreras | Curso intermedio breve | José A. Blanco, C. Cecilia Tocaimaza-Hatch
Upgrades and ancillaries
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
An alternative to the standard offerings for one-semester intermediate Spanish courses, Sueña’s engaging, magazine-like design and integration of authentic short films tie culture, literature, and grammar together. Thought-provoking content is connected to thematic, cultural, and grammatical concepts and keeps students focused on real communication in meaningful contexts throughout the six lessons. Features include:
- Authentic, short-subject films by Hispanic filmmakers that serve as a springboard for exploring lesson themes and concepts
- Flexible, communicative approach with progressive activities—from guided to open-ended, individual to pair and group—encourage student-generated, personalized communication
- Three grammar points per lesson and supplemental activities in the Manual de gramática section at the end of the textbook, make student learning comprehensive and well-organized
- Current cultural coverage spotlights the language, people, perspectives, and practices of the Spanish-speaking world
- High-impact literary and cultural readings carefully selected for their brevity, comprehensibility, and thematic relevance
- Groundbreaking, text-specific technology specially designed to expand students’ learning and instructors’ teaching options, including:
- Interactive, animated grammar tutorials with questions to check understanding
- Partner Chat and Virtual Chat activities for conversation practice outside of class
- Live Chat tools—video chat, audio chat, and instant messaging to connect with students without leaving your browser
- vText—an interactive, online textbook that links directly with Supersite practice activities, audio, and video—perfect for hybrid courses
What’s new in Sueña, 4th Edition?
- 3 new authentic short films: Lesson 1: Café para llevar (Spain; 13 minutes); Lesson 3: Desconexión (Bolivia; 18 minutes); and Lesson 4: Sin palabras (Spain; 14 minutes)
- 2 new Literatura literary readings
- 5 new authentic En pantalla television clips
- Online Instructor’s Edition, the digital version of your annotated text for easy reference and portability
- News and Cultural Updates on the Supersite, with monthly links to carefully curated authentic resources from across the Spanish-speaking world—from online newspaper articles to TV news segments and pre-, during, and post-reading activities
- Vocabulary Tools allow students to personalize vocabulary study
- Searchable and customizable word lists with multiple practice modes
- Flashcards with options for English translations and audio
- Task-based activities for class use or Integrated Performance Assessments
- SE pair activities assignable as Partner Chats
- Audio scripts for web-only Virtual Chats
- Enhanced True/False activities enabling students to provide a response to false items
- Options to adapt pre-made online assessments
- Create new sections
- Reorder and delete sections and questions
- Add images, word banks, and text references
- Updated iconography to improve integration with online activities
- One combined print volume of Workbook/Video Manual/Lab Manual (Student Activities Manual)
What can you expect in each unit? Check out all the themes below.
Sueña, 4th Edition
Lección 1: Sentir y vivir
Lección 2: Vivir en la ciudad
Lección 3: Un mundo conectado
Lección 4: Generaciones en movimiento
Lección 5: Las riquezas naturales
Lección 6: El valor de las ideas
Simple. Powerful. Customizable.
With integrated content, comprehensive resources, and innovative tools, the Supersite provides everything you need to engage students and support language learning—all while making instruction easier.
Easy course management
A powerful setup wizard lets you customize your course settings, copy previous courses to save time, and create your all-in-one gradebook. Grades for instructor-created assignments (pop-quizzes, class participation, etc.) can be incorporated for a true, up-to-date cumulative grade.
Convenient options for grading include spot-checking, student-by-student, and question-by-question approaches. Plus, in-line editing tools and voice comments provide additional opportunities for targeted feedback.
Administer pre-built online quizzes and tests or develop your own—such as open-ended writing prompts or chat activities. You can also add your own text reference, image reference, or word bank to a section of a test.
Tailor the Supersite to fit your needs. Create your own open-ended video Partner Chat activities, add video or outside resources, and modify existing content with personalized notes.