Aventuras 5th Edition
Primer curso de lengua española | José A. Blanco; Phillip Redwine Donley
© 2018 hardcover | Loose-leaf | 9 ½ x 10 ½ inches | online vText available
Digital access only
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
Aventuras gives introductory Spanish language students the confidence to communicate in real-life situations. Culture is interwoven throughout 16 student-friendly lessons; grammar and vocabulary presentations are clear and concise. A powerful, fully-integrated Supersite provides comprehensive activities and resources designed for student success.
- Authentic, contemporary Videoclips, plus cultural details about daily life, language, and traditions from around the Spanish speaking-world
- A distinct and cohesive integration of our engaging, episodic video series
- A unique grammar practice sequence that progresses from directed, meaningful exercises to communicative, interactive activities
- A clean and clear visual design that enhances learning and aids navigation
- Abundant opportunities for communicative interaction
- Our innovative Supersite that provides online access to textbook video, audio, interactive activities, practice quizzes, study and reference tools, and effective online assessment and course management
- vText—an interactive, online textbook that links directly with Supersite practice activities, audio, and video
- Online chat activities—virtual conversations and live video chats for communication practice outside of class
- An articulated curriculum for seamless continuation to intermediate Spanish
What's new in Aventuras, 5th Edition
- Vocabulary Tools: ability for students to personalize vocabulary study
- Searchable and customizable word lists with multiple practice modes
- Flashcards with options for English translations and audio
- New interactive grammar tutorials, embedded with mini activities to check for understanding
- Oral Testing Suggestions offered as Partner and Virtual Chats
- 7 new authentic Videoclips showcasing the target language from diverse locations in the Spanish-speaking world
- 2 new Lectura readings (with audio-sync technology on the Supersite)
- Audio-sync technology for all Lectura readings
- Task-based activities for class use or Integrated Performance Assessments
- Updated iconography to improve integration with online activities
- One combined print volume of Workbook/Video Manual/Lab Manual (Student Activities Manual)
What can you expect in each lesson? Check out all the themes below.
For more details, download a Table of Contents.
Aventuras, 5th Edition
Lección 1: Hola,¿qué tal?
Lección 2: Las clases
Lección 3: La familia
Lección 4: El fin de semana
Lección 5: Las vacaciones
Lección 6: ¡De compras!
Lección 7: La vida diaria
Lección 8: ¡A comer!
Lección 9: Las celebraciones
Lección 10: En el consultorio
Lección 11: El carro y la tecnología
Lección 12: Hogar, dulce hogar
Lección 13: La naturaleza
Lección 14: En la ciudad
Lección 15: El bienestar
Lección 16: El mundo del trabajo
A powerful tool for language instruction
With integrated content, comprehensive resources, and innovative tools, the Supersite provides everything you need to engage students and support language learning.
- Customize your course settings, create your own grading categories, and copy courses quickly and easily.
- Make the course your own by creating and assigning your own activities and adding customized notes.
- Empower students by allowing them to easily track due dates, save work, access assignments, and get the additional practice they need to be successful.
- Make grading a breeze with question-by-question grading, automated spot-checking, and in-line voice commenting.
- Conveniently share information one-on-one, or issue class reports in the formats that best meet the needs of you and your department.
- NEW! Options to adapt pre-made online assessments
- Create new sections
- Reorder and delete sections and questions
- Add images, word banks, and text references
- A gradebook for rosters, assignments, and grades
- Timesaving auto-graded activities, question-by-question grading, and automated spot-checking
- Tools to personalize your course
- Create Partner Chat and open-ended activities
- Add your own notes to existing content
- Adapt pre-made assessments
- Add video and outside resources
- An assignment wizard—copy all assignments from a previous course into the new semester’s dates in minutes
- Time limits and password protection for all online assessments
- Composition-grading tool for in-line comments and corrections via text or voice
- Downloadable digital image and illustration banks, sample syllabus, sample lesson plan, and Testing Program
- Instructor Resources (answer keys, audio-video programs, scripts, grammar presentations)
- Downloadable Activity Pack with task-based assessments
- A communication center for announcements, notifications, and help requests
- Live Chat (video or audio) and instant messaging
- Forums for oral assignments, group discussions, and projects
- Single sign-on for LMS integration
- Textbook activities online
- Additional activities for extra practice
- Pronunciation practice
- Enhanced feedback to guide students and improve comprehension and grades
- Interactive grammar tutorials with embedded self-checks
- Composition tool to create and submit writing assignments online
- Vocabulary tools to create personalized study lists
- Chat for oral practice and conversation skills:
- Virtual Chat—simulated conversation activities
- Video Partner Chat—recorded student-pair communicative activities
- Audio-synced readings
- All video programs, with instructor-controlled subtitles and translations
- Audio program (textbook, lab)
- Online dictionary
- Online Student Activities Manual, with auto-grading for close-ended activities
- Live Chat (video or audio) and instant messaging
- Interactive, online Student Edition (vText) with links to program activities, audio, and video
Online Workbook/Lab Manual/Video Manual
- All Workbook, Lab Manual, and Video Manual activities in an online format
- A combination of auto-graded and instructor-graded activities
- Oral voice record-submit activities
- The complete Lab Manual audio program
- A single gradebook to manage Supersite and WebSAM courses, rosters, and assignments
*Students must use a computer for audio recording and select presentations and tools.