Reimagine Language Learning | James Mitchell, Cheryl Tano
Upgrades and ancillaries
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
With Portails, you’ll get quality, well-tested curricula and easy-to-use management tools to help you deliver an effective introductory French course—regardless of format. Portails provides students with a dynamic hands-on learning environment and instructors with a broad linguistic and cultural sequence for delivering an engaging, language-learning experience.
- Set up your course in minutes with easy-to-use customization tools that allow you to design an engaging learning environment for your students.
- Personalize and enhance the learning experience for your students by adding your own instructor-created content.
- Track student performance with real-time grades and feedback—all from the convenience of your Instructor Dashboard.
- Administer customizable quizzes and tests that assess your students’ progress throughout the course.
- Reserve valuable face-to-face meetings for meaningful, communicative language practice.
- Logical learning progression makes it easy for students to independently interact with new material.
- Explore and Learn activities engage students, so they can actively learn in a low-stakes environment.
- Interactive Vocabulary Tutorials in the target language feature a cyclical learning sequence that optimizes comprehension and retention.
- Speech Recognition provides real-time feedback to students, giving them an opportunity to reflect on their language patterns and increasing their awareness of pronunciation.
- Guided Grammar Tutorials with interspersed formative assessments keep students on track and ensure comprehension.
- Ongoing formative and summative assessments enable students to accurately gauge their performance every step of the way.