Espaces, 4th Edition
Rendez-vous avec le monde francophone | James Mitchell; Cheryl Tano
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
Espaces allows students to learn French and explore the cultures of the French-speaking world. Each unit treats vocabulary and grammar as tools for effective communication, and emphasizes cultural understanding as an important aspect of language learning and successful communication. Features include:
- Seamless integration of culture with an exclusive video series, as well as authentic TV commercials, short films, and literary selections
- A focus on communication, with guided vocabulary and grammar exercises, fosters student success while systematically developing reading, writing, and listening skills
- A rich, contemporary presentation of the everyday life of French speakers and the diverse cultures of the francophone world
- A visually compelling, easy-to-navigate design with graphic elements specially chosen to help students learn
- Groundbreaking, text-specific technology specially designed to expand students’ learning and instructors’ teaching options, including:
- Interactive, animated grammar tutorials with questions to check understanding
- Partner Chat and Virtual Chat activities for conversation practice outside of class
- Live Chat tools—video chat, audio chat, and instant messaging to connect with students without leaving your browser
- vText—an interactive, online textbook that links directly with Supersite practice activities, audio, and video—perfect for hybrid courses
What’s new in Espaces, 4th Edition?
- New Musique à fond feature highlights francophone musicians
- New Flash culture feature complements existing Flash culture video segments
- Panorama section redistributed to highlight francophone countries and regions
- End-of unit vocabulary page redesigned to reflect A/B lesson vocabulary
- 4 new authentic Le Zapping television clips from around the francophone world
- One new short film: Qui de nous deux, directed by Benjamin Bouhana
- 2 new Lecture readings (with audio-sync technology on the Supersite)
- Vocabulary Tools: ability for students to personalize vocabulary study
- Searchable and customizable word lists with multiple practice modes
- Flashcards with options for English translations and audio
- Oral Testing Suggestions offered as Partner and Virtual Chats
- Options to adapt pre-made online assessments
- Create new sections
- Reorder and delete sections and questions
- Add images, word banks, and text references
- Digital Image Bank, now with a thematically organized Illustration Bank for use in creating activities and assessments
- Enhanced True/False activities enabling students to provide an answer for false questions
What can you expect in each unit? Check out all the themes below.
Espaces, 4th Edition
Unité 1 Salut!
Unité 2 À la fac
Unité 3 La famille et les copains
Unité 4 Au café
Unité 5 Les loisirs
Unité 6 Les fêtes
Unité 7 En vacances
Unité 8 Chez nous
Unité 9 La nourriture
Unité 10 La santé
Unité 11 La technologie
Unité 12 En ville
Unité 13 L'avenir et les métiers
Unité 14 L'espace vert
Unité 15 Les arts
Hardcover student textbook with reinforced binding for use in class, for homework, or as a reference tool.
Student Edition in an online, interactive, iPad®-friendly* format. Convenient Supersite links make studying and homework a cinch.
Student Activities Manual
Print workbook with audio and video activities for building listening comprehension, speaking, and pronunciation skills.
Interactive, online version of Student Activities Manual with auto-grading and full integration with the Supersite gradebook.
Safe, password-protected website with textbook activities, online-only practice, audio, video, reference tools, assessment, teacher-student communication tools, and more. The Supersite is iPad®-friendly* for on-the-go access.
Annotated version of the student textbook including on-page instructional support and suggestions for differentiated instruction.
Formative and summative assessments via the Supersite: pre-made quizzes, tests, and exams; create your own assessments by uploading open-ended activities—all with time limits and password protection.
The teacher-facing Supersite provides all the tools you need to teach your class. Password-protected and available online anytime, it includes: a gradebook to manage rosters, assignments, and grades; editable tests, quizzes, and exams; answer keys for all program materials; tools for online communication; all program video and audio; and much more.
*Students must use a computer for audio recording.
Learning is just a click away.
Discover the Supersite—the only online learning environment created specifically for world language acquisition. Developed based on input from thousands of language teachers and students, the Supersite makes teaching easier for you and language learning more successful for your students.
No need to spend your time hunting down authentic materials…finding the perfect video…crafting scaffolded activities…creating assessments…grading homework. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you. The Supersite provides everything you need to plan, prepare, teach, and assess.
Powerful Course Management
Choose what you use and how you use it. Monitor student progress. Communicate securely with individual students or the entire class. Track and report on student effort and outcomes. Modify existing content or post your own.
Get all the guidance you need to use the Supersite to its fullest potential—from face-to-face presentation and twice-weekly webinars by fellow teachers, to pre-recorded videos on a variety of topics.
Plenty of Practice
Learning a new language takes practice. With the Supersite, students have hundreds of program-specific, thematically-based, and carefully-scaffolded practice activities right at their fingertips.
Language learning can be intimidating—the Supersite is a safe environment for them to practice being wrong, on their path to being right.
Episodic storyline videos, authentic short films, synchronous video chat activities, audio-sync readings, and an interactive vocabulary tool...the Supersite has is all.