¡Viva!, 4th Edition
Primer curso de lengua española | José A. Blanco; Philip Redwine Donley
Print + Digital access
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
¡Viva! is the perfect fit for introductory Spanish students who want complete coverage in one academic year, without compromising content and quality. In 16-lessons, ¡Viva! offers clear and succinct vocabulary and grammar tools for effective communication, while emphasizing culture as essential to successful language learning. Key features include:
- A succint program—specifically designed for courses with limited contact hours, appropriate for 1- or 2-semester programs
- A rich and modern presentation of the everyday life and diverse cultures of the Spanish-speaking world
- Practical vocabulary and concise grammar explanations for real-life communication, plus systematic development of reading, writing, and listening skills
- A visually compelling, easy-to-navigate design with graphic elements specially chosen to help students learn
- An articulated curriculum for a seamless transition to intermediate Spanish
- Groundbreaking, text-specific technology specially designed to expand students’ learning and instructors’ teaching options, including:
- Interactive, animated grammar tutorials with questions to check understanding
- Partner Chat and Virtual Chat activities for conversation practice outside of class
- Live Chat tools—video chat, audio, and instant messaging to connect with students without leaving your browser
- vText—an interactive, online textbook that links directly with Supersite practice activities, audio, and video—perfect for hybrid courses
What’s new in ¡Viva!, 4th Edition?
- 6 new authentic Videoclips showcasing Spanish from diverse locations in the Spanish-speaking world
- 2 new Lectura readings (with audio-sync technology on the Supersite)
- Vocabulary Tools: ability for students to personalize vocabulary study
- Searchable and customizable word lists with multiple practice modes
- Flashcards with options for English translations and audio
- New interactive grammar tutorials, embedded with mini activities to check for understanding
- Oral Testing Suggestions offered as Partner and Virtual Chats
- Task-based activities for class use or Integrated Performance Assessments
- Updated iconography to improve integration with online activities
- One combined print volume of Workbook/Video Manual/Lab Manual (Student Activities Manual)
- Options to adapt pre-made online assessments
- Create new sections
- Reorder and delete sections and questions
- Add images, word banks, and text references
- Improved navigation between lessons
- Option to choose to only see assigned activities
- Digital Image Bank, now with a thematically organized Illustration Bank for use in creating activities and assessments
- Enhanced True/False activities enabling students to provide an answer for false questions
What can you expect in each lesson? Check out all the themes below.
¡Viva!, 4th Edition
Lección 1: Hola, ¿qué tal?
Lección 2: Las clases
Lección 3: La familia
Lección 4: El fin de semana
Lección 5: Las vacaciones
Lección 6: ¡De compras!
Lección 7: La vida diaria
Lección 8: ¡A comer!
Lección 9: Las celebraciones
Lección 10: En el consultorio
Lección 11: El carro y la tecnología
Lección 12: Hogar, dulce hogar
Lección 13: La naturaleza
Lección 14: En la ciudad
Lección 15: El bienestar
Lección 16: El mundo del trabajo
Simple. Powerful. Customizable.
With integrated content, comprehensive resources, and innovative tools, the Supersite provides everything you need to engage students and support language learning—all while making instruction easier.
Easy course management
A powerful setup wizard lets you customize your course settings, copy previous courses to save time, and create your all-in-one gradebook. Grades for instructor-created assignments (pop-quizzes, class participation, etc.) can be incorporated for a true, up-to-date cumulative grade.
Convenient options for grading include spot-checking, student-by-student, and question-by-question approaches. Plus, in-line editing tools and voice comments provide additional opportunities for targeted feedback.
Administer pre-built online quizzes and tests or develop your own—such as open-ended writing prompts or chat activities. You can also add your own text reference, image reference, or word bank to a section of a test.
Tailor the Supersite to fit your needs. Create your own open-ended video Partner Chat activities, add video or outside resources, and modify existing content with personalized notes.