Available fall 2022
for Foundational Literacy
Discover Phonics is a dynamic, fully interactive print and digital English language arts foundational skills program designed to build phonemic awareness and the phonetic skills students need to become strong, lifelong readers. Join us on an adventure to discover—and master—the world of phonics!
What to expect with Discover Phonics
Discover Phonics is built around the unique needs of emerging readers and provides engaging, dynamic print and digital learning opportunities that build and grow over the course of the program.
- Develops proficiency of alphabet knowledge and letter recognition, handwriting, phonological and phonemic awareness, sound-spelling relationships, word skills, high-frequency words, print awareness, fluency, and spelling.
- Engages with dynamic and vibrant songs, rhymes, and chants that include the weekly focus skills, hands-on games and activities, and interactive lessons and practice.
- Promotes vocabulary and oral language development, and reading and writing skills.
- Supports and builds confidence as students progress from emergent to fluent readers.
- Aligns with the following standards: CCSS (ELA), CA (ELA & ELD), TX TEKS (ELA & ELPS), FL BEST (ELA), Virginia SOL (ELA), Tennessee (ELA), New Mexico (ELA), WIDA, and others.
Explore the Discover Phonics digital experience
The Discover Phonics Supersite includes a variety of resources to make learning fun and interactive:
- Interactive Student Books with embedded audio/video, interactive letter and handwriting tutorials, and a wealth of practice activities with instant feedback
- Animated songs connected to sound-spelling relationships
- Fully decodable eReaders (one reader per week/thirty-two readers per grade) with audio synchronization and highlighting
- Additional online teacher resources to project: teacher guide lessons, poems, songs, and more
- Assessment program to evaluate progress
- Parent resources, including letters in multiple languages