Imagina, 4th Edition
Español sin barreras | José A. Blanco, C. Cecilia Tocaimaza-Hatch
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
Want to build students’ language and cultural fluency? This program has the tools. Each of the ten lessons immerses students in a Spanish-speaking country or region using short films, video clips, literary and cultural readings, and spotlights on important cultural figures—from movie stars to Nobel Prize winners.
What makes Imagina different?
- Authentic Flash Cultura video, Cultura en pantalla TV clips, and dramatic short films by contemporary Hispanic filmmakers that carefully tie together the lesson themes, vocabulary, and grammar structures
- A fresh, magazine-like design and lesson organization that both supports and facilitates language learning
- An emphasis on authentic language and practical vocabulary for communicating in real-life situations
- Abundant guided and communicative activities
- Clear and well-organized grammar explanations that highlight the most important concepts in intermediate Spanish
- Short, comprehensible literary and cultural readings that recognize and celebrate the diversity of the Spanish-speaking world
- A built-in Manual de gramática for reference, review, and additional practice
What’s new in Imagina, 4th Edition?
- 4 new authentic short films: Lesson 1: Café para llevar (Spain; 13 minutes); Lesson 3: Desconexión (Bolivia; 18 minutes); Lesson 4: Sin palabras (Spain; 14 minutes); and Lesson 10: La boda (Spain; 12 minutes)
- 3 new Literatura literary readings
- 7 new authentic En pantalla television clips
- Online Instructor’s Edition, the digital version of your annotated text for easy reference and portability
- News and Cultural Updates on the Supersite, with monthly links to carefully curated authentic resources from across the Spanish-speaking world—from online newspaper articles to TV news segments and pre-, during, and post-reading activities
- Vocabulary Tools allow students to personalize vocabulary study
- Searchable and customizable word lists with multiple practice modes
- Flashcards with options for English translations and audio
- New audioscripts for Web-only Virtual Chats
- Enhanced True/False activities enabling students to provide a response to false items
- Options to adapt pre-made online assessments
- Create new sections
- Reorder and delete sections and questions
- Add images, word banks, and text references
- Updated cultural references and factual data
- High School-specific resources now include IPAs with Rubrics, Index to AP® Themes & Contexts, and Essential Question
- Updated Testing Program to align with content changes in the Student Edition
What can you expect in each unit? Check out all the themes below.
Imagina, 4th Edition
- Lección 1: Sentir y vivir
- Lección 2: Vivir en la ciudad
- Lección 3: Un mundo conectado
- Lección 4: Generaciones en movimiento
- Lección 5: Las riquezas naturales
- Lección 6: El valor de las ideas
- Lección 7: Perspectivas laborales
- Lección 8: Ciencia y tecnología
- Lección 9: Escapar y divertirse
- Lección 10: Herencia y destino
Hardcover student textbook with reinforced binding for use in class, for homework, or as a reference tool.
Student Edition in an online, interactive, iPad®-friendly* format. Convenient Supersite links make studying and homework a cinch.
Access the Student Edition offline with the Downloadable eBook—available for most desktop, laptop, or smartphone devices.
Student Activities Manual
Print workbook with audio and video activities for building listening comprehension, speaking, and pronunciation skills.
Interactive, online version of Student Activities Manual with auto-grading and full integration with the Supersite gradebook.
Safe, password-protected website with textbook activities, online-only practice, audio, video, reference tools, assessment, teacher-student communication tools, and more. The Supersite is iPad®-friendly* for on-the-go access.
Annotated version of the student textbook including on-page instructional support and suggestions for differentiated instruction.
Teacher’s DVD Set
Includes a DVD with the Cortometraje films and the Flash cultura videos, both with teacher-controlled subtitles in English and Spanish, as well as a DVD with all program audio. (Videos and audio also available online)
Testing Program Book
Bound paperback with perforated pages for easy photocopying includes: a vocabulary and a grammar quiz for each lesson, one test per lesson, five cumulative exams, optional testing sections, scripts for the listening activities, and answer keys. (Also available online)
Formative and summative assessments via the Supersite—options to adapt pre-made online assessments include adding new sections; reordering and deleting sections and questions; and add images, word banks, and text references.
The teacher-facing Supersite provides all the tools you need to teach your class. Password-protected and available online anytime, it includes: a gradebook to manage rosters, assignments, and grades; editable tests, quizzes, and exams; answer keys for all program materials; tools for online communication; all program video and audio; and much more.
*Students must use a computer for audio recording.
Learning is just a click away.
Discover the Supersite—the only online learning environment created specifically for world language acquisition. Developed based on input from thousands of language teachers and students, the Supersite makes teaching easier for you and language learning more successful for your students.
No need to spend your time hunting down authentic materials… finding the perfect video…crafting scaffolded activities…creating assessments…grading homework. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you. The Supersite provides everything you need to plan, prepare, teach, and assess.
Powerful Course Management
Choose what you use and how you use it. Monitor student progress. Communicate securely with individual students or the entire class. Track and report on student effort and outcomes. Modify existing content or post your own.
Get all the guidance you need to use the Supersite to its fullest potential—from face-to-face presentation and twice-weekly webinars by fellow teachers, to pre-recorded videos on a variety of topics.
Plenty of Practice
Learning a new language takes practice. With the Supersite, students have hundreds of program-specific, thematically-based, and carefully-scaffolded practice activities right at their fingertips.
Language learning can be intimidating—the Supersite is a safe environment for them to practice being wrong, on their path to being right.
Episodic storyline videos, authentic short films, synchronous video chat activities, audio-sync readings, and an interactive vocabulary tool...the Supersite has is all.