Developed for learning on-the-go
Because learning never stops, we’ve developed programs with mobile devices in mind.
What does iPad®-friendly mean?
We've worked to make sure the following resources are accessible:
- Streaming video (tap on the black screen to start)
- Most practice activities (see exclusions below*)
- Presentational readings (literary and cultural selections and spoken grammar presentations)
- Online textbooks (vTexts, eCompanions)Grammar tutorials
*What are the limitations?
Apple mobile devices that use iOS (such as the iPad®) have limited functionality for web browsers and do not all use of microphone and camera features. Our sites must be viewed on a web browser when using an iPad. We recommend students use a computer or laptop to access and complete activities listed:
- Record-compare activities (including Speech Recognition if available for your program)
- Partner Chat activities
- Virtual Chat activities
Flash- and Shockwave-based items cannot be viewed on an iPad®. This impacts the following:
- Talking pictures
- Online mini dictionary