Revista, 5th Edition
Conversación sin barreras | José A. Blanco
© 2018 paperback | online vText
Question? Contact your Modern Language Specialist
Get your advanced Spanish students talking with Revista. The program’s high-interest themes and innovative communications tools will enable your students to express themselves naturally and effortlessly in Spanish. Featuring award-winning films, engaging literature, and clever comics, Revista offers the authentic content to engage and motivate discussion. Plus, the fully-integrated Supersite with an interactive Student Edition (vText) provides all the content and tools today’s students need for success both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Award-winning and engaging short films by contemporary Hispanic filmmakers—complete with streaming video and optional captioning on the Supersite
- Authentic readings, including essays, articles, fictional stories, opinion pieces, interviews, and poetry selections from around the Spanish-speaking world
- Comic strips that offer clever, thought-provoking insights into the lesson theme
- Viewing and reading support for each film and literary selection—including background information, author/director bios, key vocabulary, and practice activities
- Online chat activities—virtual conversations and live video chats for communication practice outside of class
- Succinct review of grammar points
- Our innovative Supersite that provides online access to textbook video, audio, interactive activities, practice quizzes, study and reference tools, and effective online assessment and course management
- Icons in the Teacher Edition indicates the alignment of an activity to ACTFL’s World Readiness Standards for Foreign Language Learning
What’s new in Revista, 5th Edition?
- 4 new short films
- 5 new literary readings, plus one new comic strip
- Revised vocabulary focused on expanding students’ skills
- Additional online activities for each literary reading
- Supersite access now includes the complete vText—an online, interactive version of the Student Edition with direct links to practice activities, audio, and video
- Addition of 30 Virtual Chat and Partner Chat activities on the Supersite—one for every short film, reading, and comic strip per lesson
- audio-sync technology for the initial activity for each short film, literary reading, and comic strip
- Multi-format Composición activities
What can you expect in each lesson? Check out all the themes below.
For more details, download a Table of Contents.
Revista, 5th Edition
Lección 1:¿Realidad o fantasía?
Lección 2: Una cuestión de personalidad
Lección 3: La influencia de los medios
Lección 4: Las garras del poder
Lección 5: Misterios del amor
Lección 6: Modos de vivir
Hardcover student textbook with reinforced binding for use in class, for homework, or as a reference tool.
Safe, password-protected website with textbook activities, online-only practice, audio, video, reference tools, assessment, teacher-student communication tools, and more. The Supersite is iPad®-friendly* for on-the-go access.
Student Edition in an online, interactive, iPad®-friendly* format. Convenient Supersite links make studying and homework a cinch.
Annotated version of the student textbook including on-page instructional support and suggestions for differentiated instruction. Available in print and online in the Resources area of the Teacher Supersite.
Film Collection DVD
Includes all program short films (also available online).
Downloadable MP3 files on the Supersite of all audio recordings to be used in conjunction with the Student Activities Manual, the Student Edition, and the Testing Program. (Also available on the Teacher’s DVD Set).
Formative and summative assessments via the Supersite: pre-made quizzes, tests, and exams; create your own assessments by uploading open-ended activities—all with time limits and password protection.
All the tools you need to teach your class. Password-protected and available online anytime. It includes: a gradebook to manage rosters, assignments, and grades; editable tests, quizzes, and exams; answer keys for all program materials; tools for online communication; all program video and audio; and much more.
*Students must use a computer for audio recording.
Every Revista lesson is supported by a range of activities, media, audio, and resources that enhance learning and make Spanish come to life! Short films from the Spanish-speaking world serve as a springboard to each lesson’s cultural themes and language functions. See how our integrated text and technology support students at every step.
Watch the program video tour
Learning is just a click away.
Discover the Supersite—the only online learning environment created specifically for world language acquisition. Developed based on input from thousands of language teachers and students, the Supersite makes teaching easier for you and language learning more successful for your students.
No need to spend your time hunting down authentic materials…finding the perfect video…crafting scaffolded activities…creating assessments…grading homework. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you. The Supersite provides everything you need to plan, prepare, teach, and assess.
Powerful Course Management
Choose what you use and how you use it. Monitor student progress. Communicate securely with individual students or the entire class. Track and report on student effort and outcomes. Modify existing content or post your own.
Get all the guidance you need to use the Supersite to its fullest potential—from face-to-face presentation and twice-weekly webinars by fellow teachers, to pre-recorded videos on a variety of topics.
Plenty of Practice
Learning a new language takes practice. With the Supersite, students have hundreds of program-specific, thematically-based, and carefully-scaffolded practice activities right at their fingertips.
Language learning can be intimidating—the Supersite is a safe environment for them to practice being wrong, on their path to being right.