Bridges is a comprehensive literacy program for middle school English learners and striving readers. This powerful print and digital solution develops academic language and literacy skills through authentic texts and content-driven lessons. And with Assess to Learn, teachers can assess ongoing learning progress, discover skills gaps, and personalize instruction!
What to expect with Bridges
Bridges is designed to help English learners and striving readers achieve grade-level proficiency through carefully scaffolded supports and highly engaging activities.
- Develops proficiency in the vocabulary, reading, listening, speaking, writing, and grammar skills that are vital to success in school and in life
- Promotes academic language development and scaffolds reading and writing skills
- Engages students with rich, motivating literary texts and thought-provoking informational texts in science, social studies, math, and other content areas
- Engages students with authentic media and a rich digital learning environment designed specifically to support language learning
- Supports teachers with scope and sequence, pacing guides, instructional routines, socio-emotional learning opportunities, differentiated instruction and activities, scripted models, audio scripts, assessments, home-school connection activities, and more
Explore the Bridges digital experience
The Bridges Supersite is an unparalleled digital learning environment with interactive, media‑rich, student and teacher resources and the Assess to Learn system for progress monitoring, proficiency assessments, and personalized instruction.
- Interactive Student Book with embedded audio, video, and activities
- Interactive Practice Books
- Online Teacher Edition
- School-to-home letters in multiple languages
- Assess to Learn System that helps teachers ASSESS ongoing learning progress, DISCOVER skills gaps, and then PERSONALIZE instruction using standards-based lessons and activities
- See downloads section to learn more