Bridges is a comprehensive literacy program for middle school English learners and striving readers. This powerful print and digital solution develops academic language and literacy skills through authentic texts and content-driven lessons, while addressing the proficiency needs of every student.
What to expect with Bridges
Bridges is designed to help English learners and striving readers achieve grade-level proficiency through carefully scaffolded supports and highly engaging activities.
- Develops proficiency in the vocabulary, reading, listening, speaking, writing, and grammar skills that are vital to success in school and in life
- Promotes academic language development and scaffolds reading and writing skills
- Engages students with rich, motivating literary texts and thought-provoking informational texts in science, social studies, math, and other content areas
- Engages students with authentic media and a rich digital learning environment designed specifically to support language learning
- Supports teachers with scope and sequence, pacing guides, instructional routines, socio-emotional learning opportunities, differentiated instruction and activities, scripted models, audio scripts, assessments, home-school connection activities, and more
Explore the Bridges digital experience
With the Bridges Supersite, students have hundreds of program-specific, thematically based, and carefully scaffolded practice activities right at their fingertips, while teachers have all their resources in one convenient place.
- Interactive Student Books with embedded audio, video, and activities
- Interactive Practice Books
- Online Teacher Edition
- Online gradebook to track student and class progress
- Assessment program with placement test, quizzes, and more
- School-to-home letters in multiple languages