启程 Journeys to Chinese Proficiency
Designed specifically for middle and high school, 启程 Journeys to Chinese Proficiency invites the beginning-level student to explore the Chinese language and culture in an engaging, learner-friendly program. Journeys to Chinese Proficiency stresses linguistic accuracy by providing a solid grammar scope and sequence; accurate, clear, and jargon-free grammar explanations; and ample practice of new structures to provide students with a solid foundation.
What sets Journeys apart?
Designed specifically for middle and high school students, Journeys features a modern design with authentic content, engaging video, and powerful online tools
- Language in Action videos shot on location in Taiwan present language and culture as students follow the adventures of a group of friends in Taipei.
- Vocabulary and grammar are presented in smaller, more comprehensible chunks based on specific language tasks, designed to increase student retention.
- Authentic content and video are offered in a variety of formats, including public interest service ads, news features, mini documentaries, and engaging, accessible vlogs.
- A preliminary unit introduces students to Chinese characters and pinyin to help students decode new vocabulary.
- A Teacher Edition provides guidance and tips for instruction, while students get extra support with the Practice Workbook and practice handwriting with the Character Writing Workbook.
Digital at your fingertips
Experience the Journeys Supersite, an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning.
- Plenty of Practice: Program-specific, theme-based practice activities with auto-grading and immediate feedback
- Engaging Media: Episodic, character-driven videos, authentic cultural videos, and synchronous video chat activities
- Vocabulary Tools: Audio and interactive flashcards give students useful review and practice for learning vocabulary
- Communication Tools: Groups Chats, Partner Chats, and Video Virtual Chat Activities get students talking in a fun, interactive, low-stakes setting, and online forums encourage discussion as students post and respond to text or audio posts
- Safe Environment: Clean interface, innovative tools, and seamless textbook-technology integration