Denk mal!, 4th Edition
Denk mal! 4e is designed to strengthen students’ language skills and develop cultural competency. This edition provides advanced-level students with an active and rewarding learning experience. Its user-friendly design and short films by award-winning German-speaking filmmakers serve as springboards for exploring the themes and concepts in each of its ten lessons.
What sets this program apart?
Denk mal! is an exciting Intermediate German program that engages students’ interest with compelling authentic short films and readings, as well as dynamic print and online vocabulary and grammar presentations. Students are guided toward linguistic and cultural proficiency in German and German-speaking cultures.
NEW to this edition:
- Projekt section, which incorporates a theme-based project into every lesson
- Audio-sync readings now include Stellen Sie sich vor Galerie, Kultur, and Literature readings
- Fourteen Galerie artists replaced to better reflect the diversity of German-speaking cultures
- Digital rubric grading for Integrated Performance Assessments (IPAs)
- Zu Beginn vocabulary updated to reflect contemporary technology as well as student diversity (relationships, gender identities, ethnic plurality)
- NEW grammar tutorials with checkpoints
Digital at your fingertips
Experience the Denk Mal! Supersite, an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning.
- Plenty of Practice: Program-specific, theme-based practice activities with auto-grading and immediate feedback
- Engaging Media: Episodic, character-driven videos, authentic cultural videos, and synchronous video chat activities
- Vocabulary Tools: Clear vocabulary and grammar instruction, cultural and authentic readings, short films, and animated interactive grammar tutorials
- Communication Tools: Partner Chat activities get students talking in a fun, interactive, low-stakes setting, and online forums encourage discussion as students post and respond to text or audio posts
AuthorTobias Barske, Megan McKinstry, Karin Schestokat, Professor Emerita, Jane Sokolosky
- Student Edition available in print and digital (online vText) formats
- Supersite with a wide variety of interactive activities
- And more!
- Instructor's Annotated Edition (IAE)
- Online Instructor’s Edition
- Instructor Supersite with all-in-one gradebook, testing program, and additional instructor resources
- And more!