Experiencias, 2nd Edition
Experiencias: Intermediate Spanish is a program developed to give students a collection of rich cultural experiences of the Spanish-speaking world from which they build their own multimodal cultural portfolio of engaging projects. Based on research in second language acquisition, metacognition, and student centered pedagogy, Experiencias takes a unique and fresh approach where students are empowered with strategies that encourage them to take charge of their own learning experience.
What sets Experiencias Intermediate apart?
Culture as the content deepening the students’ understanding of the cultures of the Spanish-speaking world and developing intercultural competence is a priority of this program.
Metacognition Language acquisition tips and strategies appear throughout the program so students are made aware of how to best learn language and become autonomous language learners.
Sofía sale a la calle a preguntar Video, where students get to know Sofía, who makes frequent appearances throughout the program as the students’ personal guide and mentor on their language and cultural journey. In this video program, she interviews native speakers from the community about contemporary issues and asks for their perspectives on topics like immigration, leaving home, the consequences of economic crises, and many more!
Digital at your fingertips
Experience the Experiencias Supersite, , an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning.
- Everything you need to plan, teach, and assess
- Practice activities with auto-grading and immediate feedback
- Plenty of authentic and cultural media
- Robust assessment program
- Communication tools to get students talking: Partner Chats and Group Chats
- Animated Grammar Tutorials
- Audiosync readings
- News and Cultural Updates
AuthorDiane Ceo-DiFrancesco, Gregory L. Thompson, Alan V. Brown, Kathy Barton
- Student Edition textbook
- Supersite with online-only activities and vText—the online, interactive student edition
- WebSAM (Student Activities Manual)
- Four engaging video features:
- Intercambiemos perspectivas Video
- Sofía sale a la calle Video
- Estrategias de studio
- Cortometraje videos: 12 authentic short films (online only)
- Mini online review modules
- Print and digital Instructor’s Annotated Edition with teaching suggestions and annotations
- Instructor Supersite with testing program, assignment calendar, and additional instructor resources
- Enhance your students’ learning experience with these NEW online tools:
- Assignable IPAs, Proyectos, and Info-Gap activities
- Readings with audio-sync and videos are interactive
- Partner Chats and Group Chats
- News and Cultural Updates