Engage is a high school literacy program that prepares all students for college and career readiness, with purposeful supports for multilingual learners. This print and digital solution develops language, literacy, and writing skills through engaging literary texts and content-driven lessons that connect to students’ everyday lives. And with Assess to Learn, teachers can assess ongoing learning progress, discover skills gaps, and personalize instruction!
What to expect with Engage
Engage is a new literature program that prepares all students for college and career readiness, with purposeful supports for multilingual learners.
- Builds proficiency in vocabulary, reading, listening, speaking, writing, and grammar skills which are vital to success in school and in life.
- Promotes academic language development and scaffolds reading and writing skills.
- Engages students with rich, motivating literary texts that connect to real life and engaging informational texts in science, social studies, math, and other content areas.
- Inspires students to explore career pathways.
- Helps students access grade-level content with scaffolded supports.
- Is accompanied by authentic media and a rich digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools uniquely created to engage students and support language learning.
- Aligns with the following standards: WIDA, CA ELD, TX TEKS, CCSS (ELA and Math), NGSS (Science), NCSS (Social Studies), and others.
- Helps teachers assess ongoing learning progress, discover skills gaps, and personalize instruction!
Explore the Engage digital experience
The Engage Supersite is an unparalleled digital learning environment with interactive, media‑rich, student and teacher resources and the Assess to Learn system for progress monitoring, proficiency assessments, and personalized instruction.
- Interactive Student Book with embedded audio/video, tutorials, and a wealth of practice activities with automatic feedback
- Authentic videos and content-related media
- Online Teacher’s Guide
- Assess to Learn System that helps teachers assess ongoing learning progress, discover skills gaps, and then personalize instruction using standards-based lessons and activities
- Standards-based progress monitoring and proficiency assessment to check learners’ skills development and “sum” of learning
- Analytics tools that show student progress towards important learning standards
- Search tool to plan and personalize instruction
- Targeted activities that can be assigned to the whole class, small groups, or individual students