Entre Letras is a supplemental reading program for elementary that supports balanced literacy. It engages students with short readings from all over the world and a range of text types, along with reading strategies that support reading comprehension. The program includes writer’s workshop activities.
What to expect with Entre letras
Entre letras introduces students to a wide range of text types and literacy activities.
- Text types include short stories, comic strips, public announcements, plays, fables, informational texts, poems, songs, biographies, recipes, and conceptual maps
- Background information about each text type helps students understand key concepts such as characteristics, use, and application
- Reading selections grouped by topic/content area encourage students to activate prior knowledge and make important content-area connections
- Reading comprehension workshops encourage students to dig deeper into the text, search and find supporting evidence, and connect readings to their daily lives
- Comprehension activities help students to practice and apply the reading strategies
- Writing workshops at the end of each unit encourage students to apply information in the creation of their own masterpiece
- Writing lessons guide students through the writing process: plan, draft/outline, write, revise/edit, and publish
Explore Entre letras digital teacher resources
The Entre Letras Supersite provides access to the digital teacher resources.
- Includes teacher notes and recommendations
- Provides reading supports
- Includes tools for creating activities