Facetas, 6th Edition
Facetas, 6e takes an interactive, communicative approach designed to provide students with an active and rewarding learning experience as they strengthen their language skills and develop their cultural competency. It focuses on real communication in meaningful contexts to develop and consolidate students’ speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
What sets this program apart?
Facetas provides intermediate Spanish students with an active learning experience as they strengthen their language skills and develop their cultural competency. Twelve theme-based lessons offer engaging media—an original video series Fotonovela and a variety of authentic short films from Spanish-speaking countries—plus literary and cultural readings. This edition is built to encourage real communication in meaningful contexts, while developing and consolidating students’ speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. The program also stresses cultural competency, which plays an integral role in language learning. Perfect for that one-semester intermediate Spanish course.
New to this edition:
- A Proyecto, which incorporates a theme-based project into every lesson
- Fotonovela videos that follow a family in Oaxaca, Mexico and explore both language and relationships in an engaging way
- News and Cultural Updates section added to the Supersite provides authentic news articles or video clips that are added monthly, with activities to support comprehension, analysis, and reflection
- Group Chat and Individual Recording Activities allow single or multiple students to record a video activity
- Effortlessly customize any assessment with the NEW Assessment Builder and Question Bank
Digital at your fingertips
Experience the Facetas Supersite, an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning.
- Plenty of Practice: Program-specific, theme-based practice activities with auto-grading and immediate feedback
- Engaging Media: Episodic, character-driven videos, authentic cultural videos, and synchronous video chat activities
- Vocabulary Tools: Clear vocabulary and grammar instruction, cultural and authentic readings, short films, and animated interactive grammar tutorials
- Communication Tools: Partner Chat activities get students talking in a fun, interactive, low-stakes setting, and online forums encourage discussion as students post and respond to text or audio posts
AuthorJosé A. Blanco
- Student Edition available in print and digital (online vText) fomats
- WebSAM—the online Student Activities Manual (Workbook, Video Manual, Lab Manual)
- Supersite with a wide variety of interactive activities
- And more!
- Instructor's Annotated Edition (IAE)
- Instructor Supersite with all-in-one gradebook, testing program, intermediate activity pack, and additional resources
- And more!