Get Ready! is a comprehensive standards-based program developed to address the unique needs of middle and high school newcomer/beginner English learners. This multi-level program engages students with age-appropriate, motivating communicative presentations, as well as literary and informational lessons.
What to expect with Get Ready!
Get Ready! has a rich and engaging curriculum that includes an array of communication activities, as well as literary and informational lessons in language arts, science, social studies, math, music, art, and other content areas.
- Introduces students to the vocabulary, reading, listening, speaking, writing, and grammar skills that are vital to all newcomers and beginning students
- Promotes social and academic language development
- Engages students with rich, motivating literary texts and engaging informational texts in science, social studies, math, and other content areas
- Engages students with authentic media and a rich digital learning environment designed specifically to support language learning
- Supports teachers with scope and sequence, pacing guides, instructional routines, socio-emotional learning opportunities, differentiated instruction and activities, scripted models, audio scripts, assessments, home-school connection activities, and more!
Explore the Get Ready! digital experience
Get Ready! PRIME is an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning. Students have hundreds of program-specific, thematically based, and carefully scaffolded practice activities right at their fingertips, while teachers have all their resources in one convenient place.
- Interactive Student Book with embedded audio, video, activities, vocabulary, phonics and grammar tutorials, virtual chats, partner chats, and more!
- Interactive Practice Book
- Online Teacher Edition
- Online gradebook to track student and class progress
- Assessment program
- School-to-home letters in multiple languages
- Student Edition
- Practice Book
- Leveled readers
- Teacher’s Edition
- Assessment program
- Leveled readers Teacher Guide