Nuevos mundos, 4th Edition
Nuevos mundos is an exciting program for Heritage Spanish speakers, revised to match Vista Higher Learning’s standards for student engagement and online learning. Nuevos mundos engages students with cultural and literary readings as well as video and audio that gets them excited about their shared background, culture, and home language of Spanish. Activities, both in print and on the Nuevos mundos Supersite, compel students to express themselves in Spanish by working in pairs and groups to discuss their identities, communities, life experiences, and everyday realities with their peers. Online Workbook activities review and develop students’ knowledge of standard written Spanish, allowing them to become stronger readers and writers of the language.
What sets Nuevos mundos apart?
Authentic literary texts, articles, and author created cultural texts with topics relevant to heritage students’ lives motivate them to express themselves in pair and group work inside and outside the classroom, all while learning about the history and background behind the diverse groups of U.S. Hispanics. El arte de ser bilingüe allows Heritage students to express themselves in Spanish with their peers on stimulating and meaningful topics that compel them to examine their linguistic and cultural identities. Extended assignments allow heritage students to become creative with Spanish and to carry out real-world tasks in a functional capacity.
Digital at your fingertips
Experience the Nuevos mundos Supersite, an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning.
- Everything you need to plan, teach, and assess
- Practice activities with auto-grading and immediate feedback
- Plenty of authentic and cultural media
- Robust assessment program
- Partner Chats and Group Chats
- News and Cultural Updates
- Student Edition textbook
- Supersite with vText—the online, interactive student edition
- WebSAM (Student Activities Manual) which provides access to online Cuaderno de español para bilingües activities with instant feedback and grading
- Sonido y color feature:
- In this new section of the print book, with extra activities available in the Supersite, authentic media such as films and music provide a sensory bridge to heritage students for accessing Spanish and extrapolating what they see and hear in order to express themselves through speaking and/or writing activities
- Four-color design easy to navigate and a chapter organization that both supports and facilitates learning
- Instructor Supersite with testing program, assignment calendar, and additional instructor resources
- Enhance your students’ learning experience with this NEW online tool:
- Online Workbook: Heritage students use a variety of discrete and open-ended activity types to practice spelling, grammar, and vocabulary of standard international Spanish
- Assessment Builder