Parliamo italiano!, 5th Edition (Secondary)
This program offers a communicative, culture-based approach for beginning students of Italian. In addition to the four skills—reading, writing, speaking, and listening—Parliamo Italiano! has made the fifth skill of cultural competency an integral part of learning Italian.
What sets Parliamo Italiano! apart?
- Students are immersed in Italian geography, music, literature, customs, and daily life, while practicing grammatical constructions or learning vocabulary
- Each of the twelve units is organized by region and cultural theme and is divided into four manageable sections
- Program focuses on encouraging student participation and interaction
- An emphasis on Italian geography familiarizes students with regional differences
- The culmination of each unit section is the Incontro, where students experience real-life communication through a variety of formats
Digital at your fingertips
Experience the Supersite, an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning.
- Hundreds of practice activities—many with auto-grading and immediate feedback
- Vocabulary illustrations are clickable, interactive graphics with audio
- Episodic storyline video is about two cousins who must solve a family mystery
- Composition tool allows students to write and edit their text or upload a file
- Authentic literary and cultural readings
- Audio from a variety of native Italian speakers
- Synchronous activities for practicing listening comprehension and interpersonal speaking