Perspectives invites students to make meaningful connections with diverse cultural practices, products, and perspectives. Students continue to develop the sociolinguistic skills essential to lifelong learning while fostering the intercultural understanding indispensable to today’s increasingly interconnected global citizen.
What sets Perspectives apart?
Perspectives includes a clear focus on the products and practices that relate to cultural perspectives and a rich variety of authentic materials, including documentary films, short video clips, authentic audio selections, and literary readings.
- Tightly aligned with the ACTFL World Readiness Standards
- Emphasizes all modes of communication, including intercultural communication
- Exposes students to authentic content from diverse genres such as documentary videos, informational articles, literature, and audio
- Presents intermediate grammar structures in the context of the lesson’s documentary
Digital at your fingertips
Experience the Perspectives Supersite, an unparalleled digital learning environment with integrated content, resources, and tools built exclusively to support language learning.
- Everything you need to plan, teach, and assess
- Practice activities with auto-grading and immediate feedback
- Short documentaries, literary and non-literary readings, and audio
- News and Cultural Updates with monthly content additions
- Grading tools and gradebook
- Communication tools to get students talking