A+ Mentor Texts for Writing Kits
A+ Mentor Texts for Writing Kits help students become confident, independent writers. Each grade-level kit includes an array of teacher resources and mentor texts that encourage students to analyze reading selections and then emulate the authors’ craft when creating their own writing pieces.
Easy to use and integrate into day-to-day instruction
Each grade-level kit includes just the right tools to engage students and support writing instruction.
- Mentor texts that cover a wide range of genres, themes, and cultural contexts
- Teacher resources to help students explore each mentor text and support writing skills development
- Online resources for small and whole group instruction
Students explore a wide range of text types in each grade-level kit
- Ten to eleven different mentor texts cover a range of text types from drama, folktales, and poetry to informational and narrative texts
- Each mentor text is an authentic Spanish-language children’s book chosen for its literary value, effective writing techniques, and relevancy
- Detailed lesson plans and activity sheets encourage students to explore mentor text elements and structure, expand language and vocabulary, and compare and contrast writers’ crafts, learning and mastering the writing process